Trending This Month

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

A QUICK CONVERSATION WITH TRAP LIVES MATTER

Trap Lives Matter is a new streetwear brand mending the streets and fashion together. The brand, although somewhat new, has been seen thousands of times online with its bold color ways and it’s memorable Trap Lives Matter logo. Here’s a few questions to give answers to where this brand came from and where it’s headed. 


What first sparked the idea for the brand?

TLM: What sparked the idea of my brand was growing up in the hood everybody was hustling and trapping. I seen many people get locked up for it, including myself. The name basically explains itself u got people out here that can’t get a 9-5 and that don’t wanna get a 9-5. They rather feed and provide for their families with hustling their lives matter to everyone isn’t perfect so that’s why I choose the name Trap Lives Matter.

Have you always been into designing clothing and accessories? 

TLM: Yes I’ve always been into designing clothes. I’ve been designing since I was in middle school. I just finally got that push I needed to start doing my own thing. Now I got my own equipment making my clothes in house.

What was your first experience selling your clothing? When did you decide to make a website?

TLM: My first experience selling my clothes was at my cousin’s tattoo shop. I gave him a shirt and then a couple minutes later he was calling like, “Bring the shirts pull up they want them ASAP”. I made the website the second month after I started cause I was getting people from all over on my dm asking about it and asking when the website was coming.

You’ve done vests, satchels and strap bags, what are your plans for future accessories? 

TLM: One of my plans for the future is watches and purses. That’s all I can give out right now the other stuff low key y’all just gotta wait around and see.

Will we see more original designs and graphics in the near future?

TLM: Yes, in the future I will see original always gotta keep the OG around, but I got like 3 more logos coming soon.

How could someone reach out to you for a custom piece?

TLM: For custom pieces all u gottta do is dm me the colors u want and ima create a buss down fit for u.

Do you have any plans on hosting a pop-up shop or store?

TLM: Right now I’m planning a book bag give away. I’m not really pressed for pop ups shops rn I like to give back, but I will be doing some pop up later this year. And about the store, I do have something in the works now just waiting to see how it plans out.  

Any plans to collaborate with other brands down the line?

TLM: Yes, I plan on doing a collab with my brother ty and his brand RĂˆUSSI y’all go check him out. He really putting in work out here and Tatted Tone we got a collab coming FOREVASTR8 x TLM.

Click here to view the Trap Lives Matter website.

No comments:

Post a Comment