Trending This Month

Thursday, September 26, 2019

A QUICK CONVERSATION WITH ANT FLOW

Ant Flow is an up-and-coming artist with a talent that’s long in the making. His music captures that calming energy a lot of us are looking for when escaping life’s stresses. He works hard for his craft, but his listeners may not know much about the mind behind the magic. I asked him a couple question about how his beginning in music came about.

What was your first experience with creating music

ANT: My first experience with creating music was when that Drake and Josh movie came out. And I kept watching it over and over. And I remember asking my dad could he teach me how to write a song. And he did lmao. We used the same melody as the song in the movie “make me happy”. Shit was like crazy to me. It’s like my mind was exposed to another realm of creativity. I was just hungry for more.

How has your hometown affected your sound?

ANT: I think it’s the mysteriousness of how lowkey it is. Like Waldorf, Maryland is out the way. Not a whole lot going on but it’s definitely a vibe where we all hungry for something to happen. Like when we throw a show with little to no effort of promo people come out bc it aint shit to do. So when it comes to my sound, I get that chill vibey shit from the emotions that come from all the late night car rides and them moments where it’s just nothing but thirst for that chance to do something memorable for yuh city.

Does musical talent run in your family?

ANT: Yea music is definitely something that runs in the family. Shit my Dad played trumpet in high school, played congos for a gogo band and used to sing. My mom used to be in a church chior. She used to do competitions against Mary J Bladge’s choir back in the day. My lil brothers all play instruments too. And it’s a lot more people in my family that do music too.

Who was your first supporter?

ANT: I would say my first supporter would be my homie Kamal. Like when i first started taking my craft seriously he was the first one pushing me to be better. Like he was there when I dropped my first song and the shit was only playing in the left ear lol. I mean don’t get me wrong I had a lot of people in my corner but this nigga was a fan too. he was passionate bout my shit. so big s/o to Mally Mal.

Do you see yourself venturing into different genres?

ANT: 5. Yea as I continue to grow I tap into different genres bc I’m so open and inspired by different sounds. Like it’s crazy how comfortable I can be listening to something outta my comfort zone and instantly get inspired. And I feel as tho no great musician or artist sticks to one genre they whole career that’s boring lol.

Click here to catch up on Ant Flow’s music and journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment